Where is Extrema located?
You can find Extrema on the beautiful grounds of De Plas in Houthalen-Helchteren. Deep forests, a clear lake – including a beach – and enough space for numerous exciting areas.
The navigation address is Binnenvaartstraat, Houthalen-Helchteren. Follow the signing when driving to the festival.
What are the opening hours?
CAMPING: opens on THURSDAY at 18h00 (6.00 PM) and closes on MONDAY 11AM.
FRIDAY: 12h00 – 00h (12PM – MIDNIGHT)
SATURDAY: 12h – 00h (12PM – MIDNIGHT)
SUNDAY: 12h – 00h (12PM – MIDNIGHT)
Afterparty on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 00h00 until 03h00 (3AM).
Is Extrema for young & old?
Anyone who turns 18 in 2020 is permitted entrance, don’t take the risk and bring your ID to the festival.
Can I re-enter the festival?
Re-entry is not possible for visitors with a day ticket (Friday (VIP) Ticket, Saturday (VIP) Ticket, Sunday (VIP) Ticket).
I’m visiting the festival from outside Belgium, what do I need to do?
You can easily fly to Brussels Airport (Zaventem). There is an underground train station beneath the airport, take the train to Hasselt. Check the train schedule here: https://www.belgiantrain.be/en/.
Once arrived in Hasselt, you can jump on one of our shuttle busses starting from Friday, directly to the festival.
There are plenty of lockers available at the festival, right after the main entrance and at the campsite. Lockers can be paid cash and with your Maestro/MasterCard. Please choose between a Day or Weekend locker as day lockers will be emptied at the end of each day.
There are enough road plates so you can easily access most of our areas. Please note that our 2 stages at the beach (Distrikt 1 + Distrikt 2) are not accessible for wheelchairs.
We have adapted toilets for physically challenged visitors located right after the main entrance (at the EHBO).
Am I allowed to smoke?
Smoking is allowed, but please think about the environment. Don’t throw your cigarettes on the ground, but make sure that they are extinguished and throw them in a trashcan or (portable) ashtray.
Do you use a code of conduct?
Violence and intimidating behaviour will not be tolerated. This also includes discrimination, sexual intimidation or wearing provocative clothing (for example football shirts or/and full colours). Extrema Outdoor puts a lot of love and hard work in the décor of the festival. Stealing or destroying of the properties of Extrema Outdoor or other partners is forbidden. Also climbing the fences and/or other installations or infrastructures will not be tolerated.
How about dealing with advertising?
Flyers and/or posters pasting other events – without any permission of the organization – is not allowed. Please make sure to contact [email protected]
Can I bring my own drinks?
It is not allowed to bring your own drinks to the festival. However, you can take your own drinks to the camp site: max. 0.7L of strong liquor and the equivalent of 3.6L beer per person.
Lost & found
Coming right after the festival.
First aid, security and medication
There will be an adequate security staff at the festival site. There is also a professional first aid stand clearly present at the festival. These people are standby at the festival for you and your friends’ safety. So make sure to listen to any instructions given by the security staff, the first aid team and the organisation.
If you need to take prescribed medication due to health problems, you need to be in possession of a valid medical certificate. Only with a valid medical certificate, you are allowed to take these medications with you. Please contact us a few weeks beforehand at [email protected] and send a medical statement or prescription (matching your ID) if necessary. You’ll receive a confirmation from our side which you can show at the main entrance.
General campsite regulations
These campsite regulations apply as “internal regulations” on the Extrema Outdoor Belgium Campsite during 29-30-31 May 2020. Anyone who buys a Campsite ticket declares thereby that they agree to the following campsite regulations.
The campsite opens on Thursday, May 28th, 2020 at 6.00 pm and you must leave the premises on Monday, June 1st before 11.00 am. As a visitor, you can be pre-searched. Access will be denied to those who not co-operate, without refund of any fees.
Only visitors with a valid camping bracelet are allowed at the campsite. The campsite is strictly forbidden for people under the age of 18. Camping visitors must check-in at the cash registers at the entrance of the campsite. ID and age will be checked here.
Campers can use the following services: toilets, showers, running water, electricity point, camping shop, etc. There is no power supply for camping visitors to the tents.
Always follow the guidelines from the campsite hosts, security and emergency services. In cases of discussion, the manager of the campsite has the final word. Use your common sense and don’t bring others in danger!
Please follow the instructions from the campsite hosts while placing your tents and keep emergency exits, emergency paths and passageways free. Follow the instructions; otherwise you can assemble your tent twice! The campsite hosts can move misplaced tents without permission of the owner. Always keep the safety route free. Tents on this road will be moved without notice. Campsite visitors stay at their own risk on the premises overnight. The organization is not responsible for any physical or material damage.
When you violate the rules above, you lose the right to residence at the campsite without refund of any fees.
Caravan & camper regulations
- The special caravan / camping campsite is only accessible if you are in possession of a Holiday Camper Ticket or Seperate Camper Ticket. These tickets are only available in the advance sale of the festival.
- A caravan / camper pitch is maximum 18m ² (6m x 3m)
- Placing a tent near your caravan/camper is allowed as long as you remain within your assigned section of
3m x 6m.
- Vehicles who are actually registered as “camping vehicle” are allowed (temporarily converted vehicles with a mattress in it are not allowed).
- Caravans and campers that are longer than 6m are not allowed.
- Cars are not permitted on the premises. It is only possible to reach your camping place with your car, afterwards you have to park your car in the visitors parking. You’ll have to pay a deposit, which will be returned after you leave the campsite with your car.
- The general camping regulations also apply to the caravan and camper areas. No sound systems, no gas, no excessive amount of alcohol, just closed beverage containers, no glass, no fireworks, no: sofas , shop ride, cycling, etc.
The campsite opens on Thursday, May 28th, 2020 at 6.00 pm and you must leave the premises on Monday, June 1st before 11.00 am. Check-in is 24/7.
Please check out the Accommodation option at our homepage. We offer: FestiTents and KarTents at the campsite. Please note that you need a Holiday (VIP) Ticket or to stay at the campsite. The FestiTents and KarTents are not included in your Holiday (VIP) Ticket but can be purchased on top.
De Bosberg is located at a stone’s throw from the festival and can easily be reached by foot. Our bungalows, Extrema Village, include access to the afterparties (= campsite access) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Campsite access & daily afterparties
Each day, after the festival, we’re hosting an after-party at the festival. You can enter our campsite/afterparties if you have a:
- Holiday Ticket
- Holiday VIP Ticket
- Holiday Camper Ticket
- A Separate Camper Ticket
- Any ticket if you’re staying at Extrema Village (Molenheide).
NO ACCESS TO THE AFTERPARTIES WITH A DAY OR WEEKEND TICKET.
Forbidden items and goods
- Cars , bikes and trailers
- Shopping carts (only wheelbarrows and trolleys that fit through the visitation gates are allowed.)
- Glass or other sharp objects (including glass jars with food)
- Tapping plants (self-tapping kegs are allowed to 5L)
- Gas cylinders (only the smallest size (max. contents 250g) is allowed)
- Sound Equipment
- Open fire between the tents (barbecue or small gas fires can only be used at the barbecue area)
- Aggregates, car batteries, power groups or generators
- Pets except guide dogs for persons with visual disabilities.
- Drugs or other narcotic substances or substances that can be used as drugs
- Weapons or items that could be used as a weapon
- Climbing and / or destruction of fences and / or other facilities or infrastructures
- Graffiti, confetti, party ploppers etc.
- Clothing that can be challenging or provocative and fluorescent jackets
- Trade in goods of any kind without permission from the organization
- Being disturbing under the influence of any drugs (including alcohol or medication)
- Dry Ice
- Barricade Firebreaks or emergency exits . If this is the case, the organization is free to move this material for safety reasons.
- Pasting promotion (flyers and posters) from other events without permission from the organization
- Any form of verbal and non-verbal aggression
The lockers at the campsite are equipped with power outlets to charge your mobile devices, smartwatches, etc.
Parkings & navigation address
Once arriving in the area of the festival, just follow the signings. The price to park is €10. A Weekend Parking is not available: you have to pay €10 everytime you want to park your car at our parkings. Arriving on Friday and staying until Monday? The price is €10.
The shuttle bus is included for PARKING B (NAVIGATE TO EUROPARKLAAN, HOUTHALEN-HELCHTEREN) in this price and will drop you off just in front of the entrance. PARKING A (DONDERSLAGWEG, HOUTHALEN-HELCHTEREN) is about 10 minutes walking from the festival.
Please don’t pay for a parking in the area as this is the easiest and fastest option to get to and from the festival site. Do not park outside the designated parking places as you’ll be fined for blocking the traffic.
Think very carefully before getting behind the wheel of a vehicle going to or leaving the festival. Don’t do something illegal that could ruin your weekend, and jeopardize the future of Extrema.
Be smart and responsible on the roads. Your life and your friend’s lives are in your hands.
There are shuttle buses driving between the festival and Hasselt station hourly. They start driving at noon so you can get from Hasselt to the festival in time, and the last buses are driving back after the afterparty at the campsite is done (>3AM).
Bus tours: are you organizing a bus tour to Extrema? Please let us know here.
There are two bike parkings available. Bike Parking 1 is located in the Steenakkerstraat, and Bike Parking 2 is near the main entrance of the festival (direction Parking A). Follow the signings on the road.
Kiss & Ride
The Kiss & Ride area is located in the Sint-Leonardusstraat.
Our new policy
Despite dissuasive messages and actions, the use of illegal drugs remains a reality at festivals. However, the use of illegal drugs is risky and can have harmful consequences for both the festival visitors who use them and their immediate surroundings. That is why we, as an organization, take our responsibility to let you handle illegal drugs as sensibly as possible.
A weekend full of partying at Extrema has its impact on body and mind. If you decide to use illegal drugs, make sure you are well rested at the start and that you feel mentally and physically well.
• Prepare well for the festival by being thoroughly informed about product(s), composition, purity, dosage, effects and risks.
• Use only in the presence of friends. Let them know what you are using and make good arrangements. Keep an eye on each other and take good care of each other.
• Determine your own dosage and don’t just take the same dosage as others. Body weight and personal factors (metabolism, tolerance, sensitivity) play an important role in the effects you feel. Determine in advance how much you are going to use and stick to this.
• Combining different drugs is particularly risky. Think carefully about combinations and keep in mind that alcohol is also a drug.
• Take it easy with drinks and drugs. It is best to start with a small dose and then wait a while. You can always take more, but not less!
The use of illegal drugs is always risky, but it is absolutely inadvisable in case of diabetes, a heart defect, liver and kidney problems, high or low blood pressure, asthma, epilepsy, depression and psychological complaints or (suspicion of) pregnancy. Inform yourself in advance via www.safensound.be or visit the Safe ‘n Sound information stand on the festival grounds between distrikt 5 (main stage) and Distrikt 6.
We want nothing more than for you to be able to dance and enjoy all weekend long. Together with Quality Nights we offer you all kinds of free measures to optimize your festival experience. Because we care about you 😉
• Safe transport: avoid driving under the influence of alcohol and/or other drugs. Designate a BOB and stick to it, or use public transport.
• Free earplugs are available at the Safe ‘n Sound stand. Tailor-made earplugs are always better. Go for an occasional chill in a zone without loud music to give your ears a rest.
• Free drinking water can be found at all the taps in the toilets. Drink enough water to prevent a hangover, but also to prevent overheating and dehydration. Attention: If you use XTC / MDMA drink max. 1 glass of water per hour. This will prevent water intoxication!
• Free condoms available at the Safe ‘n Sound info stand. Practise safe sex, but also indicate your limits, and take into account the limits of others.
• Healthy eating & drinking is important to recover faster.
• Rest regularly. In our chill out zone between District 5 and 6 you can recharge your batteries.
• Be wise with alcohol, especially in combination with other drugs. Check our range of non-alcoholic drinks at the bars.
In case you need help
Despite all the measures we take and despite your good intentions to handle intoxicants wisely, it can still happen that you or a friend is not feeling well. Do not hesitate to go to the first aid post on the festival grounds. The people of the Red Cross are fully equipped to help our festival visitors as much as possible. Have you used illegal drugs? Tell them honestly what you have taken and what complaints you are experiencing. Our medical team will not judge you and will help you as much as possible. In addition, they have professional secrecy and personal information (including information about drug use) will not be shared with other services.
Rules & procedures
Although the use of illegal drugs is common at dance events, possession of them remains a criminal offence. Police Carma will be present on and around the festival grounds and will check for possession and use of illegal drugs. In accordance with the festival policy of the public prosecutor of Limburg, the procedure of the immediate amicable settlement (OMS) will be initiated for festival visitors who are found to have possession or use of illegal drugs. This proceeds as follows:
1. The illegal drugs will be confiscated.
2. The visitor pays a fine for each drug found (cannabis 75€-150€, all other illegal drugs 150-300€). The fine is a maximum of 600€ and can be paid immediately via Bancontact. If the fine is paid, there will be no criminal proceedings and the facts will not be mentioned on the criminal record.
3. In case of large quantities, no OMS will be offered. Festival-goers who are suspected of dealing will be brought before the examining magistrate or summoned to appear before a summary court.
I have a DAY TICKET, how do I pick my preferred day?
You can simply do this by following the steps below
- Go to our upgrade module.
- Enter your e-mail address and your order number.
- Choose ‘upgrade’.
- Click the pre line-up day you would like to choose.
- You will receive your new ticket in your e-mail box shorty after completing the upgrade.
If you have any issues, feel free to contact [email protected]
Tickets with camping included
Want to stay at our campsite? You have access to our campsite with these tickets:
- Holiday Ticket
- Holiday VIP Ticket
- Separate Camping Ticket
- Separate Camper Ticket
- Holiday Camper Ticket
*You also have access to the campsite and afterparties if you’re staying at Molenheide.
We have plenty of VIP tickets available in our ticketshop. With a VIP ticket, you have access to:
- VIP parking close to the venue
- VIP deck at the main stage (Distrikt 5)
- Separate toilets near the VIP deck
- Free bites by a top chef at the deck multiple times a day
- Table service
Want to go the extra mile? Check our package deals below (each day) or contact [email protected].
This package is for 6 persons.
€600 in spend.
€150 per extra person (€100 spend)
- VIP TABLE
This table is for 6 persons.
€900 in spend
€200 per extra person (€150 spend)
- VIP SALON
This salon is for 10 persons.
€1500 in spend
€200 per extra person (€150 spend)
- VIP SALON SPEND
This Spend Box is for 10 persons.
€2500 in spend
€250 per extra person (€250 spend)
Please be aware that in the VIP zone, it is only possible to pay by cash or credit card.
Visit the helpcenter here: https://support.cmtickets.com/en
Oh-no! I lost my tickets.
No worries! Try resending your tickets to yourself here: https://resend.cmtickets.com/en.
Want an invoice? Order your tickets, and check “I want an invoice” in Step 2. Your invoice will be created automatically.
All questions regarding ticket personalization can be found here: https://support.cmtickets.com/en/kb/personalize-tickets